Trying to be a "streamin" mama instead of a screaming mama!







Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Blog-take 2

1. Made this soup yesterday in the crockpot:


Corn, Potato and Kale Soup/Chowder


2 c water or chicken broth

5 potatoes-cubed

1 carrot-diced

1 bag of frozen corn (or mixed veggies)

1 bunch of kale, sliced small (or frozen bag)

1 32 oz container creamy corn soup

1 package hot dogs or Polish sausage (optional)


Add water/chicken broth first, then place all ingredients in crock pot in order. Cook on low for 8-10 hours (this seems way too long!) or on high for 3-4 hours, like I did. I threw in frozen corn and frozen kale from our CSA share. I did add a chicken garlic sausage from Trader Joe's, which was awful. Today when I pulled this out of the fridge I took out all the sausage and threw it away. Then I pureed some of the soup and left some whole pieces for texture. I served it to friends. They loved it! What does my husband know?! The recipe came from someone in Ashburn, VA posted to www.flylady.net . There are a lot of crock pot recipes here if you're interested.


2. A friend came over and gave two of us a veggie sushi tutorial. I really don't see me doing that as it seemed like too much work! I served my chowder and also made chocolate ice cream in the ice cream maker and had a delicious lunch!


3. I was thinking about all the news about teflon pans. I'm really thinking about replacing mine. Anyone have any thoughts on the topic?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the discussion!