Trying to be a "streamin" mama instead of a screaming mama!







Search This Blog

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Looks like my prayers will not be answered!

1. It rained all day for the past few days and now it looks like the heavy snow is moving in.  I hit Trader Joe's today for the essentials.  I will be able to make brownies tomorrow-those are essential, right?!

2. Speaking of Trader Joe's I do like the store and often think I could work there.  I'm always thinking about what to do when both kids are in school.  But, what I wanted to say was that I had some of their whole wheat pizza dough in the freezer that I pulled out today.  I bought their shredded mozzarella and a jar of their pizza sauce, which are both good.  I had both girls help me make the pizza.  Of course, neither wanted to eat it.  Frankly, I don't blame them.  Why does homemade or store bought dough for pizza never taste as good as take out?  Have any tips?  Yes, I've made homemade dough, too, and the pizza usually turns out soggy on the bottom.  One pizza I remember having as a kid was called "Crazy Crust Pizza."  It was made by my friend Bethanie's parents whenever we had a sleepover.  What was crazy about it was there was lots of oregano in the dough.  It bubbled up really funny in the oven and tasted delicious.  I tried to make it as an adult and thought it was terrible.  It must have been my very unsophisticated palate at the time that made me love it!  Hey, I also loved Doritos at those slumber parties! Here is the recipe for Crazy Crust Pizza.  I found a bunch online and most people really liked it!  The other cool thing about it is that it's easy and is yeastless.  I just may try it again sometime.  I know my kids won't eat it with green stuff in it, but my husband just might!   http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Crazy-Crust-Pizza-Dough/Detail.aspx

3. Have you ever heard of "muffin top?"  Well, that's me right about now!  My sides are hanging over my jeans.  I haven't been to the gym in days and have been eating up a storm.  I really can't wait for a new week and mostly for spring!  I love walking at Compo Beach and plan to get over there the first sign of warmer weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the discussion!