Trying to be a "streamin" mama instead of a screaming mama!







Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Please God, let there be school the rest of the week!

1. Last night instead of watching the women's figure skating I watched American Idol. I didn't know why I was doing that until one girl sang "Landslide" by Stevie Nicks. This is one of my all-time favorite songs and one that I had told my mom last year that reminded me of us. As soon as she started singing I burst into tears. If you didn't know, my mom passed away last month. I miss her terribly. Here are the lyrics:



I took my love, I took it down

Climbed a mountain and I turned around

And I saw my reflection in the snow covered hills

Til the landslide brought me down



Oh, mirror in the sky, what is love?

Can the child that is in my heart rise above?

Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?

Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Mmm, mmm, mmm



Well, I've been afraid of changing

'Cause I've built my life around you

But time makes you bolder

Even children get older and I'm getting older too



Well, I've been afraid of changing

'Cause I've built my life around you

But time makes you bolder

Even children get older and I'm getting older too

Oh, I'm getting older too



Awh take my love, take it down

Awh climb a mountain and turn around

And if you see my reflection in the snow covered hills

Well, the landslide bring it down



And if you see my reflection in the snow covered hills

Well, the landslide bring it down

Oh, the landslide bring it down



2. I made a winner of a dish tonight! I was going to just clean out the fridge, but when my sick husband didn't really like the sound of that, I whipped this up pretty quickly! It's the first time in a while that he took one bite and said how good it was!
http://www.bigtent.com/group/news/entry/27954469

This is an eggs florentine dish that instead of using soy sausage I used a link of good Italian mild turkey sausage. This would be a perfect brunch menu as well as for dinner.

3. I'm wondering why I can't copy text from another website and paste it here? It would be a lot better if you could see the recipe! I guess I have some learning to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the discussion!