Trying to be a "streamin" mama instead of a screaming mama!







Search This Blog

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Exhausted

1.  I went to bed very late last night after making the cookies for Lola's party.  I fell asleep and was called by one kid.  She said she had just woken up and was hungry.  I got her oatmeal and brought it to her bed.  Then I went back to bed and fell asleep and she called me again.  This happened a few times.  Then I got back to sleep and the other kid called me!  Needless to say, it was a bad night!  My husband slept fine!

2.  Lola woke up early and got me up then we went to her last soccer practice.  She played really well and then got a medal and a ticket for ice cream from an ice cream truck they hired to come for the day. 

3.  We came back and immediately started baking.  I had bought one of those pans that makes doll cakes since she wants a mermaid cake.  My first attempt at the cake was an utter failure, culminating in a very wet cake and a very messy oven.  I then made cupcakes as a back up plan.  After that I cleaned out the oven and made another cake for the mermaid cake.  It seemed to turn out much better.  Tomorrow will be the frosting and decorating day.  I hope it turns out ok!  The kids helped me decorate the cupcakes and they're very cute.  I spent hours standing today and am so pooped.  Rich and I went out to dinner in New Canaan and now I'm hitting the hay.  Big party day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the discussion!