Trying to be a "streamin" mama instead of a screaming mama!







Search This Blog

Friday, June 4, 2010

"Sick" Kid

1.  Today Grace had to stay home because of the fever yesterday afternoon.  We all got to sleep til 8, which was a rare treat!  She was feeling fine all day and could easily have gone to school.  I decided we'd go out and do all the errands I needed to do today.

2.  We went to Target and got loads of stuff for the party.  I even was able to get Lola's birthday gift with Grace distracting Lola so she didn't see it.  Then when I was done paying, Grace showed me the "treat" that she had wanted and had forgotten to put in the cart.  I then went to pay for it and the lines were pretty long.  One lane opened up and I looked around to see if anyone who was waiting longer than me was going to go to it, when they didn't, I headed that way.  A man who hadn't even been in a line came zipping over to the line.  Ironically, one cashier told the other that that register was broken.  So, I laughed bitterly and said to him, "Might be Karma!"  At that point we were at the next register and he told me I could go ahead.  Obviously, he realized he was in the wrong.  Sometimes I just can't hold my tongue when I see an injustice, however small.  I just thought that was so highly rude that I had to say something.  Glad I did!

3.  Tonight I made dozens of sea life sugar cookies for Lola's party.  I'm planning on having the kids decorate them with frosting and sprinkles.  The weather looks iffy for the weekend and I want to make sure we have inside things to do.  The cleaning ladies came today and I had them work in the basement to get ready for guests if it does rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the discussion!