Trying to be a "streamin" mama instead of a screaming mama!







Search This Blog

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sick Kid

1.  Lola and I went to her end of year picnic at school.  One of the members of the Swingset Mamas performed for the kids and then there were pony rides!  Wow-pretty impressive!

2.  We went home to regroup and then went to Sport Hill Farm to get our first veggies through their "Crop Cash" program.  I got white radishes/turnips, asparagus and bread.  I didn't like the turnips as I thought they'd be more like radishes.  I ate one raw and now wonder if I might like it better cooked.  The asparagus was great!  The bread is from a Fairfield bakery and was really good.  Lola got to feed the chickens and loved that!  The girls are going to farm camp through the Unquowa School and will be visiting Sport Hill Farm.  Neat!  Maybe they'll eat some veggies after this!  Lola did try the asparagus and immediately spit it out.  Oh well!  We went to Old Navy and The Children's Place with coupons in hand and got some things.

3.  On the way into our driveway after being out, I got a call from the school nurse.  Grace had a high fever and had been vomiting.  Uh oh!  I went right over to pick her up.  She was sick a few more times, but after some medicine, felt much better.  So much so that she was asking for mozzarella sticks!  I let her eat the peaches she was also craving, but thought mozzarella sticks aren't the bland food that she should be eating with a stomach bug.  She went to bed willingly and, hopefully, will have a good nights' sleep.  The nurse said no to school tomorrow.  Bummer!  A friend was going to watch Lola while I got some party things done tomorrow.  C'est la vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the discussion!