Trying to be a "streamin" mama instead of a screaming mama!







Search This Blog

Sunday, April 11, 2010

"Date Night" for Date Night

1.  We started the day with great hopes for the soccer season.  It was a real challenge to get everyone up and out the door to get to practice by 9.  Lola was excited and up early and ready to go.  We got there, parked and walked out onto the field.  She immediately jumped in my arms and said she didn't want to play.  Now, granted, it was 40 degrees and there was a wind chill and we weren't dressed appropriately.  She complained of being tired and cold and wasn't going to play.  She met the coaches, saw two kids she sort of knows, but still didn't want anything to do with it.  Finally we gave up and went home.  So much for my idyllic visions of being a soccer mom!  Let's hope that when we're back in a few weeks it's warmer and she feels more comfortable.

2.  I had our treadmill serviced yesterday.  If you need anything repaired, Rob's Repair Service, is the place to call.  Unfortunately, we haven't been taking care of our treadmill and it's been given a fairly short lifespan.  Don't forget to have the belt oiled every 6 months.  Who knew?!  I'll admit we're terrible with maintenance of stuff.  We tend to wait til there's a problem.  Friday I looked up on my bathroom ceiling to find a water mark around the vent.  Ugh!  I've been thinking of calling a roofer just to look over the roof to make sure all is well.  I called our handyman who said it's probably not a roof problem, but that sometimes condensation forms at vent sites from air conditioners.  That could be it as I had just had the a/c tech out doing the annual service and had the a/c on for two nights last week when it got so hot.  He'll be over this week to check it out.  I'm also having him stain our swingset as we must keep up that $7K investment!!

3.  I worked at trying to get some vacation packing done yesterday and Rich took Grace to yoga.  I didn't get much done with Lola around, but feel I'm at least on the way.  Our sitter came at 6:30 and we headed for the movies.  We rarely go to see a movie in the theater, but saw that Date Night was playing and had seen the posters for it last weekend in NYC.  It got good reviews.  Well, I'll have to say I was LMAO!  No, I wasn't ROTF, too, because it's just too sticky at the movies!  We thoroughly enjoyed it and were still laughing when we left.  If you see it, don't forget to sit and watch the outtakes at the end.  We had a large tub of popcorn and a large Doctor Pepper.  What a great dinner!  For dessert we headed to SONO and tried to find parking.  I'd heard of Chocopologie and wanted to see if we could get in.  It must have been meant to be, because we were able to find one spot not too far away on the street.  We walked in and it looked full, but they have gallery seating in the back that overlooks the kitchen.  The menu looks great!  It has breakfast and sandwiches and salads and lots of desserts!  Rich had a Croque Monsieur and then the nutella and banana crepe.  I had the chocolate gelato.  One scoop was so rich and creamy and perfect for me!  What a great date night!  Too bad Lola woke me at 3:30.  She said she couldn't sleep.  I popped her in the guest room bed and got in with her.  We slept well til 7 when Grace was screaming her wake up calls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the discussion!