Trying to be a "streamin" mama instead of a screaming mama!







Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

New Do

1.  I wasn't sure I was going to make it to the hair dresser today.  Lola was up at 4 with poop in her diaper.  Then she had a tummy ache this morning and two more poops.  Note to self: don't let her eat so many cucumbers!  She was better after the potty breaks.  Phew!  I got her to school and then flew to my appointment.  What a gorgeous ride in the rain.  Seriously!  Spring is gorgeous here in New England with all the varying colors of green and the pops of color from the blooming trees and flowers.  As usual, it took hours for my services and I was out by 1 to fly back to pick Lola up.  My hair is a bit shorter than I would like, but looks pretty good.  I'm set for another 6 weeks-or 8 if I'm pushing it!

2.  Today I got on the scale and was horrified to find that I'm the heaviest I've EVER been!  I decided to start a food diary to keep myself honest about what I'm eating.  It really made a difference in what I ate today.  Last night I roasted a chicken for dinner.  I made broth from the bones and then used it and the leftover chicken in a chicken jambalaya for dinner.  That was really good.  I'm hungry, but will go to bed without my usual bowl of ice cream!  I got on the treadmill today.  I had it serviced after it was acting funny and had a dedicated outlet installed.  It's still giving me the same odd error reading and turned itself off.  Argh!

3.  Every day of our vacation Lola had a moment where she was down.  I'd ask her what was wrong and she'd say she's sad that Olivia is moving.  Her best friend from school is moving to Manhattan.  Tomorrow her mom is dropping her off for a playdate so the girls can play while she packs up her kitchen.  It's sad, but interesting to me that kids at such a young age understand and are affected by what's happening around them.  I hope she'll get over it and move on.  There are some other very sweet kids in her class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the discussion!