Trying to be a "streamin" mama instead of a screaming mama!







Search This Blog

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ladies Who Lunch

1.  I tell you, there is no rest for the weary!  Lola was up at 2 am with a pain in her leg.  She had gone to bed complaining of the pain, too.  Then I heard Grace around 4.  She was up for a few hours, I think.  I let her sleep in and took both of them to school late.  There went my workout class.  I suppose I could have gone to the gym anyway, but had the goal of actually getting a shower today!  So, I went home and finished my closet cleaning and did some other things that needed to get done and then took a shower.  Ah!  Before that, though, I realized that I had forgotten to give Grace her meds before school.  I called school and then raced over to give her the medicine.  They had to pull her out of an assembly, but all went smoothly.  Phew!

2.  I actually put on a skirt and a cute top and low-heel sandals and met two girlfriends at DaPietro's in Westport.  It was delish!  We've passed by the cute, little place many times and always wondered about it.  If you get a chance, try it for lunch.  They have $12 lunch specials and the other items are reasonable as well.  I had a crab cake salad, which was so yummy!  I noticed the desserts were all $11, which seemed pricey.  If I'd had room I would have gone to Sunny Daes next door for ice cream.

3.  Today as I was racing to do laundry and clean out the closet and was tired from being up in the night, I started thinking more about what I will do when Lola is in school 5 mornings next year.  Rich has already mandated that I start a filing system and unpack all the boxes that are still here from the move almost two years ago.  I realize I will have my work cut out for me.  I think what I'll do is try to get our clutter under control and then get more involved in both schools.  I'll also put a bigger priority on working out and taking better care of myself.  That should last me a little while and then maybe I'll be thinking about what I want to do again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the discussion!