Trying to be a "streamin" mama instead of a screaming mama!







Search This Blog

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Handymen

1.  I started the day, as usual, in my jammies out at the bus stop.  Then I see two trucks driving in to our driveway.  Oops!  I forgot the handymen were coming today!  They got the grill put back together and working-probably only for one more season.  Then they moved the patio table and chairs from the basement to the patio.  The chalk was all over the patio from the kids little chalk party the other day.  A painter with a power washer came and was looking at the "shotgun" fungus on our house.  It's some kind of fungus that shoots out of mulch.  So, beware when you're getting mulch that it's good stuff!  When he was done checking out the fungus his helper pressure washed the patio.  Looks good and ready for a BBQ!  A few other things got done and I got a quote for a lot of landscaping that has gone undone or not done well.  We've lost 3 trees since last season!  Ugh!!

2.  I took the kids to Target tonight to look for sandals for the trip.  Lola only likes things with "something on them".  She got Tinkerbell shoes and Grace got gold thongs with big flowers on the top.  Neither were what I would have chosen!  Grace's style has done a 360 lately.  She now refuses to wear pink, even though practically everything she owns is pink.  And, drum roll, please....she has worn jeans for the past 3 days in a row!  This is a kid with some sensory issues and hates anything binding around her belly button.  She even wore her sneakers to school today since it's a gym day.  That's instead of packing them in her backpack.  After Target we got lost in the mall and finally found Johnny Rocket's.  I had a veggie burger.  A report came out today about how soy products, if not organic, can be toxic.  It definitely didn't taste as good as they used to!  But, a friend's husband who is a chemist said they aren't as toxic as the news is making them out.

3.  We watched a dvr'd American Idol tonight.  I liked the Elvis night and seeing Adam Lambert.  I missed the results show where he sang, but caught a glimpse online.  I still think he's awesome.  My favorite contestants this season are Crystal and Lee.  My other shows I watch are Modern Family, Two and a Half Men and Project Runway.  I watched the last episode of Dancing with the Stars.  I love having a dvr so I can record these shows and zip through them on my schedule.  I've got all my shows scheduled to record for next week while we're on vacay!  Catch you all on the flip side!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the discussion!