Trying to be a "streamin" mama instead of a screaming mama!







Search This Blog

Monday, April 26, 2010

Forgot My Head

1.  I feel like I would've forgotten my head if it weren't attached today!  I just tried to sign in to this account and couldn't remember the password.  That's not nearly as bad as completely forgetting to take Lola to swim class.  Then at 4 I was looking out the window waiting for Grace to get off the bus.  Then I remembered she was at swim class and I was supposed to bring her wet suit and pick her up!  I wasn't late, but raced out the door anyway to make sure she wasn't too upset that I didn't show up.  She was not interested in swimming when I arrived as she looked like she was freezing.  Once she saw us she did get back in the pool, but refused to jump off the platform in the deep end, claiming it was too cold.  Bad mommy!  I attribute this to being off for a week and out of my routine.  Truly I know it's due to my computer addiction.  I was catching up and just got sidetracked.  I will try to keep the computer off for most of the day.  I promise.  (If you're wondering about the wet suit, we decided to try one to see if it keeps her warmer in the pool.  She has almost 0% body fat and can use all the warmth she can get!  She says it helps a little.  I got one to swim in the lake this summer!)

2.  We had a really wonderful vacation.  I won't go into all the details, but suffice it to say that a cruise is a great family vacation.  The kids had a ball and always wanted to go to Camp Carnival.  We were able to eat dinner almost every night by ourselves!  Our waiter always kidded us that we were on a date.  Yep, felt like date night every night!  We're already thinking of next year and the cruise we will take...

3.  Tomorrow is hair salon day.  I was referred to a woman that is truly wonderful.  She has a little hole in the wall salon in the middle of nowhere.  She's African-American and always has a new hair style, which is fun to observe and wonder what the next will be.  She's fantastic with the kids and very reasonably priced.   She gives the best washes and scalp massages.  She's extremely thorough and meticulous.  This could be good or bad as she takes a very long time.  I hope my 10 am appt lets me out by 1 so I can pick up Lola at school!  If you want her info, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the discussion!