Trying to be a "streamin" mama instead of a screaming mama!







Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Give an Inch, Take a Mile

1.  I tend to let my kids do what they want when it comes to art and messes.  I then feel like I've given an inch and they've taken a mile.  Tonight they wanted to draw with chalk on the patio.  I let them do that and continued cleaning up from dinner.  I looked out to find that they had brought out water, which I did know about, but added it to the chalk and then painted on themselves.  They were covered from head to toe!  I had to carry each one up to the bath.  The chalk stained their skin and is mostly still there!  I want to let them have fun and be creative and then I get mad that I let them do it because it always turns into a mess.   I'm hoping that chalk comes out of the grout!

2.  I had a really good start to my day!  Lola was up early and we actually got to school right on time.  Then I went to Fairfield to Einstein Bagels.  I had a coupon for bagel, shmear and coffee for $2.12!  I ate and then stopped in at Old Navy with a coupon burning a hole in my purse.  I looked around and didn't see much.  I then went for a massage at Massage Envy.  If you want to get on a regular massage program, it's a great place to go!  Tell them I sent you!  I had a bad crick in my neck that felt much better afterward.  I tried a trigger point massage, which was really good.  Afterward, I went back to Old Navy and really tried to find some stuff to buy.  I tried on a bunch of things and only walked out with a tank top and a baby gift.  I gave the coupon to a lady walking in.  Hopefully she was able to use it.

3.  We have a date confirmed for my mom's memorial service.  It's June 19.  Since school won't even let out til June 23, I've decided to just fly there by myself for the weekend.  I've started looking at flights and hotels.  I'm actually looking forward to going on a trip by myself, but just wish it were under happier circumstances.  It's been 3 months since she died and at least one point out of every day I think about calling her and just can't believe she's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the discussion!