Trying to be a "streamin" mama instead of a screaming mama!







Search This Blog

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Anticipation

1.  Is making me late, is keeping me waiting....Oh, how I love Carly Simon.  Anyway, we're heading to NYC for the long weekend and I'm really excited!  We have so many fun things planned, but I don't want to be late in leaving as I haven't even packed yet.  The plumber is coming to deal with the hot water heater in the early morning, so that will be a much-needed wake up call.  Otherwise, I'm sure I'd sleep as long as I was able!

2.  Lola played on the playground a full hour after school ended.  She has a very good friend that she was playing with and just adores.  I'm sad to say that her family is moving to the city.  This will be Lola's first time to deal with "losing" a friend.  I've been gently explaining the situation to her so it's not too much of a shock when it actually happens.

3.  We never see anyone we know when we go out to dinner.  Tonight we used a free kid's meal coupon at Friendly's.  It's not our favorite place, but knew it would get the kids interested in going out.  By the end of the week they're tired and don't want to leave home.  I was right!  The funny thing was I saw a family I know sitting down when we got there.  Then another family we know walked in after we sat down.  I asked Grace "isn't that the girl from your gymnastics class?"  She immediately ran over and gave her a hug.  She then proceeded to disappear.  So, Rich went over to find her and found that her father and he know eachother from work.  Funny!  As usual, our meal wasn't the best and the service was slow, but the kids had a ball.  What more can you ask for to start a holiday weekend?  Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the discussion!