Trying to be a "streamin" mama instead of a screaming mama!







Search This Blog

Friday, March 19, 2010

Beachy Day!

1.  Lola thwarted my plans of going to the Newcomers coffee and then to the gym.  She got up at 10!  It's wonderful for me to be able to get things done, but terrible for school or anything else we need to do in the morning.  We did go to the coffee and enjoyed some nice company.  Instead of the gym I ate a bunch of donut holes.  We went home for a while and then went to the beach.  It was another glorious day!  I brought a chair and my stack of mags that I had scored from the freebie pile at the library.  But, when she wanted me to collect shells with her, I just had to do it.  I keep telling myself that this time with her is valuable and won't last long enough and I should do the things with her now when we're in the moment.  We played catch and walked along the beach.  Then we went to the beach playground and I even climbed around and went down the slide.  I noticed most other moms aren't climbing around on the equipment-I used to be the one standing around watching, too.

2.  We got back in the nick of time.  Grace's bus came a few minutes later and the kids immediately wanted to go scootering.  This was the third day and I don't know if they were just tired or getting bored, but wanted to go home and play in the yard only after a short time out.  So, this is where I got my big break!  They put on their warm weather clothes and headed out with a bunch of stuff to the back of the yard.  I headed out with a bean bag chair and my O Magazine.  Oh, what bliss to sit in the sun and read a magazine!

3.  I had warned Rich this morning that we probably wouldn't go out to dinner.  Grace is always tired in the evenings after school and likes to stay home.  I didn't plan dinner, but did end up throwing something together when she insisted on staying home-as I had suspected.  I actually feel a sense of satisfaction staying home and eating.  I feel like I'm saving money and we're all eating better.  Rich, of course, ran out for ice cream later!  And, yes, I ate it.  Ugh-4 weeks til our cruise and a bathing suit!

1 comment:

  1. I like climbing and sliding with the kids, too. They enjoy the playground that much more!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to join the discussion!