Trying to be a "streamin" mama instead of a screaming mama!







Search This Blog

Friday, March 26, 2010

TGIF!

1.  Today was a busy, but nice day!  I took Lola to her friend Helen's house.  Her mom and I swap babysitting duties.  Today was my turn to go play for a while.  I spent the entire time in TJ Maxx!  I ended up getting myself a few goodies.  We then all went to lunch at a Pan Asian restaurant-LC Chen's.  Of course, Lola wanted white rice-she also had edamame.  Helen will eat almost anything!  She was eating fried rice, sesame chicken, spring rolls, avocado rolls and tea!  I hate to say it, but once she hits school and birthday parties she'll be tainted for life!  Actually, her mom is a pediatrician and is very good with her eating.  So, maybe she'll continue to eat well.  Helen's dad also happens to be Lola's pulmonologist.  I continue to be amazed at the high calibre friends I have in the area!  I have friends that went to Ivy League schools and who have doctorate degrees and MBA's and who are doctors, lawyers, accountants, pharmacists, bankers, etc.  I'm also astounded at the talent that seems to be going to "waste."  I know this is controversial, but can't imagine all that schooling and work experience and then quitting all that to raise kids.  Then I went to help with the fundraiser set up today for Lola's school.  That's when I realized that their talents aren't going to waste.  Besides infusing great values in their kids they're also the power moms that are running our school fundraisers, PTO's, mom's groups, and on and on.  Thanks, ladies!

2.  After the set up tonight Rich and I went out to dinner.  I had gotten a sitter so I could help set up.  So, I thought while she was here, we might as well go out for a bit!  We went to Blackstone's Steakhouse in Norwalk, which was very good.  Among other things, we talked about the fact that Lola keeps asking for a dog.  I know pets are good for kids, but can only think of the negatives.  I know the dog will be my responsibility and I'll be taking it to the vet and paper training it and taking it out and feeding it and everything else that goes along with having a dog.  I had some bad experiences as a kid that make it even more difficult to consider it.  When I was 6 I was bitten in the face by a strange Dalmatian and had to go through the battery of rabies shots, as well as have stitches.  Somewhere around the same time my brother was born and had asthma and allergies.  I had to get rid of my French poodle, Pretzel, because of it.  Now I learn that poodles are hypoallergenic!  Then we had a yellow lab puppy when I was in high school.  My brother and Cassie were out playing one day and she ran out in the alley behind our house and was killed by a car.  One side of me says, "no way!" and the other side says, "go for it, despite all that!"

3.  Lola went to a make-up Little Gym session today.  It was half gymnastics and half tap.  It was so cute watching her try to tap with her sneakers on.  She always says she wants to be a ballerina so I thought we'd make-up during a dance class to see how she felt about it.  She had fun, but isn't begging to change classes.  There is something about seeing those little girls running around in little pink leotards and tights that is just so darn cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the discussion!