Trying to be a "streamin" mama instead of a screaming mama!







Search This Blog

Monday, March 29, 2010

Rainy Days and Mondays

1.  Always Get Me Down...but not today!  I started my usual Monday morning sprint to "clean" the house for the cleaning ladies.  Then, in the pouring rain, took Lola to her Little Gym class.  During class I went to the library, to Trader Joe's, to The Fresh Market and to the dry cleaner!  At The Fresh Market I grabbed a pizza to take to a playdate today.  The playdate was supposed to be at our house, but our friends had hot water heater trouble and had to wait for the repairman.  So, instead of cancelling we were invited to head over there.  The fresh, you bake pizzas at TFM are really good.  I also grabbed a $5.99 jar of marinara sauce that was on sale for $1.99.  When it rang up at $5.99 the cashier ran back to look at the price.  I ended up getting it for free since it was a pricing mistake on their part!  I feel a little bit redeemed after buying moldy strawberries last week.  Then I cut into one of the onions I had bought there and the entire thing was rotten!  So much for fresh!  No, I didn't end up taking either of the products back to complain and/or get my money back. 

2.  I was actually feeling a bit down as I was waiting for Lola's class to finish.  I looked around and I think most all the adults there were nannies.  It's the same thing for storytime and I know a nanny at the bus stop.  Then I was at swim class today and met moms, but they were from another town.  It's really frustrating not to find other Weston moms to talk with when I'm out and about.

3.  Lately I've had friend requests on Facebook from people I didn't know very well in high school.  People have been posting high school pictures, which has been a lot of fun.  Last night I dug through old photos and found some that I posted tonight.  I think it's interesting that we all look back with nostalgia and try to get a bit of that feeling back by friending everyone we can find that we knew back then.  I've actually stopped asking for friends because I've had some not accepted!  Boo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the discussion!