Trying to be a "streamin" mama instead of a screaming mama!







Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Party Hearty!

1.  We just returned from a lovely 50th birthday party for a dear friend.  The dinner was at The Dressing Room in Westport and was delicious!  That's the second time we've eaten there and thought it was much better this time.  It pays to be friends with the hostess-I got to bring home balloons and extra chocolate for the girls and a gorgeous floral centerpiece of white lilies and white roses.  Ahh!  I was thrilled to have found Scrabble letter cufflinks on Etsy.  The birthday boy is a Scrabble player and the cufflinks with his initials were the perfect gift!

2.  I just found out that my friend, the nanny at the bus stop, will no longer be there as she was let go.  She's been sick with a bacterial infection a few times since she's been here.  I spoke to the mom the other day and asked about her.  She just said that they told her not to come that day because it is contagious.  I had no idea they have fired her.  If anyone is looking for a very dependable nanny, she is looking for work.  Her infection is under control and she should be fine soon.

3.  Lola was up several times in the night, which meant I was, too.  Rich couldn't get up to go to the gym.  Lola then got up early, too.  She went to school and I went to Target.  I had a lot of fun browsing-until the smell started.  There was some type of sewage problem happening.  It was rather comical to see all the people walking around talking about the stench.  The workers kept saying they felt sick and needed fresh air.  Then I heard the high school was evacuated.  I was just so happy to be shopping by myself that I just kept right on and ignored the smell.  I got back and immediately had my training session.  Boy, am I pooped!

2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely party. I love the idea of a personalized cufflink. In this case, a pair of Scrabble letter cufflinks. Something that is close to the celebrants affinities.
    cufflinks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually got the idea from a pair of Scrabble letter earrings I had given my mom not too long ago with her granddaughters' initials-and a pendant with a letter that we both share in common. I haven't been through my moms things yet, but am hoping to bring these simple, but meaningful momentos home. I found them on Etsy, which I adore!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to join the discussion!