Trying to be a "streamin" mama instead of a screaming mama!







Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Windfall!

1.  Grace goes to Superkids, which is a social skills class for kids.  It's very expensive, but we thought it may help with, well, her social skills.  I'm not really up on what is covered under our healthcare plan, but decided to submit the claim to see if we could get any of it covered.  Woohoo!  A big, fat check came in the mail today!  I feel so fortunate to have very adequate healthcare for my family.

2.  There was a scheduled delay for school today.  I knew the chimney sweep was coming over, but didn't also anticipate that I'd have to have someone come over to look at the hot water heater-always something, I swear!  The kids were home running around like lunatics while I was trying to talk to the guys.  I finally got Grace on the bus and came back to see what the guys were up to.  The chimney sweep said the family room fireplace should be cleaned every year and that it was way overdue.  Yikes!  Let this be a lesson to me and anyone reading this with a fireplace.  Mind you, these are gas fireplaces and still need to be cleaned!  The other guy tried to fix a vibration that was causing a lot of noise and also found a leak.  So, now I'm trying to find a plumber to come change a valve.

3.  I think my treadmill is possessed.  Ok, maybe it just needs to be serviced.  I guess I'd be a little cranky, too, if I had to sit down on a cold, dirty basement floor right by the hot water heater and boiler!   The past few times I've tried to use it, it's done odd things like speed up or start over or say weird things on the readout.   So, now trying to find someone to come service that.  Can't-wait-for-vacation!  Too bad there's so much darn work to do between now and then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the discussion!