Trying to be a "streamin" mama instead of a screaming mama!







Search This Blog

Monday, March 22, 2010

Magazine Monday

1.  I stayed up way too late last night, which is becoming a usual thing for me.  It's the only "me" time I get these days!  Sears was having a Friends and Family sale.  I don't tend to shop Sears, except for Lands' End, but did on a whim.  I ordered a bunch of things for me.  I got some work out clothes, tanks and several dresses.  I want at least one new dress for our cruise and one, sadly, for my mom's memorial service.  I figured for the prices I'd just order everything I saw that looked good online and I'll try it on and then return it if I don't like it.  My big thing this season is thinking about baring my arms.  I've always hated my arms as they are too fat for my liking.  I'm generally fairly thin, but have chunky arms-that are even starting to flap in the breeze!  This may be payback for all the years that I caressed my grandmother's flabby arms.  Oh, they felt so soft and silky to me!  She never once complained.  I don't know if I'll be able to tolerate that from anyone!  I've been working out a bit more than I have been in the recent past, but not enough to tackle those problem arms.  All the dresses I ordered were sleeveless.  I told myself this year that no matter what I will go sleeveless.  There are many women I see that have worse arms than me that do go sleeveless.  We'll just have to wait and see if the vanity takes over-again.

2.  Today started like every other Monday.  I got up and went to Grace's room to find her comatose.  She was up several times in the night and couldn't get up.  Thankfully Rich got up with her both times, which is really unheard of-I was so grateful!  Too bad he didn't get any sleep and then couldn't get up yet again to go to the gym.  I spent 40 minutes cleaning her room.  Why do I do it?  Well, the cleaning ladies would be here in a few hours and I wanted her room cleaned.  Whenever she is up in the night, her room gets trashed.  I guess I should be thankful that she can keep herself occupied!  But boy does it get messy!  I don't give her enough time to try to clean it on her own on the weekend and by Monday morning I just want it clean.  Then I raced to pick up the rest of all the errant stuff around the house.  Lola woke at 9 today-again, better than it has been!  I got her ready and took her to The Little Gym.  While she was there I hit The Fresh Market.  I then had enough time to get to Trader Joe's.  I realized I should have just gone there in the first place-I would have saved a lot of money.  I do love TFM for the upscale feel of the store, but don't love their prices.  And, I bought a 1/4 flat of strawberries for almost $6 and found 2 lbs at Trader Joe's for less.  When I used the berries today a good portion of them were moldy.  I'm going to take them back tomorrow!  I then ran into the dry cleaner, got Lola and then headed for the gym.  The Merritt was backed up due to all the tree clean up going on so my work out was cut very short.  Frankly, I wasn't too saddened by that fact as I had a headache.  Too bad the headache lasted all day!  I was out of Advil and took some aspirin, which didn't do the trick.  So, I sat on the couch reading my stash of mags and really enjoyed myself!  Lola loved sitting with me, too.

3.  Tonight I scored a good deal at Lands' End for a beach cover up for Grace.  I do love their promos and free shipping!  We watched Two and a Half Men and Pawn Stars and some of American Pickers.  These are some of my faves.  When Rich was too tired to keep his eyes open I put the DVR on and watched Project Runway.  Oh, I love that show!  It's just amazing to see what these talented people can make out of nothing and in no time.  I wish I could do that with food.  I envy people that can whip something up when there is "nothing" to eat in the house.  Tonight at the last minute I boiled some brown rice penne and pulled the frozen ground turkey I had used last week for the tacos out of the freezer.  I'd bought a jar of TJ's marinara sauce today and we had pasta ala turkey bolognese with a salad with strawberries and walnuts.  The kids ate plain jane pasta, strawberries and plums.  I can't wait til they get a more sophisticated palate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the discussion!