Trying to be a "streamin" mama instead of a screaming mama!







Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Meditation Monday

1. I started a meditation class last night.  Rich was out of town so I got a sitter.  It made for a very expensive class, but I think it will be worth it in the end.  I was unable to relax at all at the class and afterward shared that my feet were falling asleep, I didn't know if I was allowed to shift and at one point when she was talking about feeling the breath in your pancreas and liver, etc. I was about to laugh.  I mean, really, who can feel breath in their pancreas?  Where is that exactly anyway?  I tried meditating myself this morning with no more luck than last night.  At least I was more comfortable and did feel a bit more relaxed-then the phone rang, the heater went on, a plane flew overhead, the grandfather clock chimed, etc., etc.

2. Amazingly I've felt like a better mom this week.  We've been keeping to a schedule and most importantly, keeping the tv off for most of the day.   Lola and I have stayed very busy with games, painting, going outside, errands, etc.  I'm pooped, but feel much happier with myself as a mom.  Now last night when Lola came in at 3 am to tell me she needed water, I wasn't feeling so happy.  And, at 4 am when she came to tell me she was hungry, I was downright glum.  Of course, I got up to feed her mac and cheese at 4 and then had to get up at 6:30 to dress and get Grace up and into her morning routine.  I know what you're saying...you would have told Lola to go back to bed and wait for breakfast!  I did say that at first and remembered she had a sitter last night and probably hadn't eaten much for dinner.  She's a little peanut and barely eats and I thought if she's hungry, I'm feeding her!

3. We have a Mommy Book Club meeting on Friday and I've barely read The Help.  What I've read I've enjoyed, but haven't had a lot of time to read or much inclination.  When I do start reading it's very slow going because of the African American dialect of the narrator.  I'm embarrassed to say it will be another meeting where I haven't finished the book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the discussion!