Trying to be a "streamin" mama instead of a screaming mama!







Search This Blog

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dirty Finger Nails

1.  Today I told Grace we'd wait to plant the flowers til she got home.  She immediately wanted to scooter and then she changed her mind.  Then I said we could plant and they both were gung ho.  Grace lost interest very quickly and went inside.  But, Lola, the little gardner was so excited and kept running in to fill her cup with water so she could water the pansies.  Pansies always remind me of my grandmother.  I'm not really interested in gardening, but there was something satisfying about having dirty finger nails, hauling the 4 cu ft of soil to the back yard from my car on the wagon and then having three cute pots of flowers to enjoy on the back patio.

2.  Speaking of my grandmother: I bought a huge thing of toilet paper yesterday.  My kids are so free with the stuff and constantly pulling off way too much.  Fortunately, they seem to be past the stage where they unroll it and run it all over the house!  I can't help but think of my grandma everytime one of them takes too much.  It seriously strikes the frugal nerve in me!  She used to let us have one square for pee and two for poop!

3.  I'm proud to say I've worked out everyday this week.  Today I did a class at the gym.  It's the first class I've taken in years!  I told the instructor afterward that I felt like I was 20 years younger and on my way back!  She was older than me and looked AMAZING!  Now, to stop eating the cupcakes!  Too bad I practically licked the plate clean.  Tonight I tried making something super-simple to see who would eat it.  Trader Joe's sells a bag of chicken cutlets that I baked and I had bought macaroni salad at Stew's yesterday that would do well and also I had a frozen Cascadian Farms organic vegetable mix and I topped it off with a bowl full of grapes.  Grace complained that the chicken was too spicy, but then proceeded to gobble it up.  Lola ate apples and pears.  I'm longing for delicious, healthy meals.  When will the day come that the girls will eat salads?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the discussion!