Trying to be a "streamin" mama instead of a screaming mama!







Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Beach Walk

1.  I walked with a friend at the beach today.  It was so chilly, but sunny and beautiful.  It was so nice to get out and feel like summer is around the corner.  I did miss my yoga class, though.  We then went to Westport and did some shopping before we went to Villa Del Sol for lunch.  I've eaten there before and didn't love it, but it was pretty good today.  We rounded out the visit by sitting on our patio and then I had to go pick up Lola from school.

2.  I love to find bargains.  One of my secrets is that I look for the produce rack that has been drastically reduced.  I'm usually able to find bags of organic apples for $1.  Last week I got 35 oranges for about $12.  I pulled out our expensive juicer and made lots of orange juice.  Boy was that not fun to peel all those oranges!  I guess it sounds like a lot of money to spend on juice, but freshly squeezed juice is expensive.  Lola had a ball helping me with the juicer.  We then made popsicles out of the juice.  They both loved them!  I don't let them drink much juice because of the high sugar content vs. low nutrients.  But, sometimes I'm willing to make an exception.  We were in Williams-Sonoma today and I saw the same juicer that Rich paid $250 for online for $400!  I thought what we paid was outrageous, but felt better after I saw what it's going for there.  I also look at the day old bakery items and the "scratch and dent" section.  I'm able to find a lot of good deals on things I'd normally buy anyway.

3.  I'm not looking forward to the next three days of early dismissals for Grace.  I'll have to come up with some outings to keep us busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the discussion!