Trying to be a "streamin" mama instead of a screaming mama!







Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

You're Fired!

1.  I had to do something very unpleasant today.  I had to fire the landscaper.  This guy has been really good to us and even let us borrow his box truck on our moving day when the big truck couldn't get in our driveway.  We have three dead trees and something called a "shotgun fungus" in our mulch that has left tiny spots all over our house.  I had a home restorer/painter come over and try to pressure wash it off the house and it wouldn't budge.  He said it comes off by hand, but who would want to pay to have someone scrub your house?  There were a few other things and I finally called to tell him it's over.  He told me it wasn't fair and kept trying to defend himself.  I truly don't think he meant any harm, but we just felt he wasn't as competent as we would like.  Now I have to find a new landscaper-pronto!  I had a referral and the guy hasn't called me back.  I used to mow our yard in DE, which took me three hours with a push mower.  There is no way I could do that here.  And, I don't think I want to invest in a riding mower.  Any referrals would be appreciated.

2.  After the grill fiasco Rich went out and bought a new grill.  He ran out to Home Depot with my car and then came back to get the truck.  It's another big one and we need help getting it off the truck and into the back yard.  So, let's see when we'll actually be able to use the thing!

3.  We watched Modern Family as usual for a Wednesday night.  That show is such a hoot and always produces belly laughs.  I usually don't watch the elimination nights for AI, but did because I wanted to see Harry Connick, Jr.  Oh, how I used to love him!  I just don't know what the appeal for Lady Gaga is, though.  Yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the discussion!