Trying to be a "streamin" mama instead of a screaming mama!







Search This Blog

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Thank God!

1.  No kidding, I've been thanking God all night that I'm still alive and/or not burned.  Tonight Rich wanted to grill out and I showed him how the handyman had told me to light our grill.  The grill fell over and is not working very well anymore.  He showed me how to turn the burners on and then light it.  I did that and then lit it and POOF!-a huge woosh of fire came up in my face!  It was the single most scary thing that's ever happened to me.  At first I thought I was going to die and then I thought I was not going to die, but be burned very badly.  Rich was standing by me and I jumped back very quickly.  I could smell a bad smell and noticed my hair had burned.  Thank God we were both ok!  But, one side of my hair did burn.  It curled up at the ends.  I ran upstairs to check the damage and combed it out.  A lot of burnt ends were in the sink.  I also singed the hair off both forearms and slightly burned one arm.  A little Neosporin helped that to feel better quickly.  I really feel someone was looking out for me tonight!  I kept thinking it could have been so much worse.  My mom worked at a place where a chicken fryer blew up.  A woman in front of it was burned severely.  My mom was burned quite badly and went through a lot of burn therapy.  She said it was the worse pain she had ever endured in her life.  Oh, thank you God!

2.  Rich and I had date night tonight.  We went to see Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes at the Ridgefield Playhouse.  It's our third time seeing them together.  He grew up listening to their music and turned me on to them several years ago.  Good concert!  We called around looking for places to go for dinner afterward.  Needless to say nothing was serving that late so we ended up at Orem's.  So, if you want to know when to go to Orem's and not have to wait-late night is the best time!

3.  We started our morning at soccer.  Lola played for about 30 minutes til she got knocked over.  She then was done.  That's better than her first time she went and clung to me the entire time.  I worked at the concession stand today and enjoyed it.  It made me feel like I was back working in high school.  I then took Grace to the doctor and Rich took Lola to a make up swim class.  We then all met up and went to Wilton Pizza and sat outside.  The best part of the day was the gorgeous weather and driving around in the convertible.  Ah, summer is just around the corner!  I even got to take a small nap today.  And, the sitter cleaned up the huge mess in the family room.  Now it's off to bed before one of the kids is yelling, "Mooooommmmyyyyy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the discussion!