Trying to be a "streamin" mama instead of a screaming mama!







Search This Blog

Friday, May 7, 2010

Under Your Skin

1.  I just finished watching the documentary about Lyme Disease called "Under Your Skin."  That was one of the scariest things I've ever seen.  I have a friend suffering with the disease and now understand a bit more of what he's been going through.  I've spoken to so many people that have had Lyme.  Fortunately, most caught it early enough that they weren't debillitated by it.  Please watch this movie!  I spoke to a landscaper tonight who told me he thinks Lyme is an epidemic here and that it's being covered up to protect home values.  He said his son just had a tick test positive for Lyme.  They were fortunate to have a Lyme-literate doctor that put him on the antibiotics before they even got the test back on the tick.  He told me to make sure to take baths or showers every night and scrub with a wash cloth.  He said to inspect the kids and myself thoroughly for ticks.  I was just out weeding yesterday and don't think I'm going to be doing any lawn work myself anymore.

2.  I went to a mom's group meeting today.  Our meetings have changed in that there are no longer speakers, but it's just a social time.  The kids have babysitters in the church nursery and the moms get to talk.  I've been going to this group since we moved here almost two years ago.  Honestly, I have felt that I have never fit into this group.  Today I was trying to figure out why.  I think it's age, geography, religion and socio-economics.  I love the concept, but just don't have a very good time for the most part.  I took Lola out of the childcare an hour early and went to the gym.  I did the elliptical trainer and saw one of her classmates in the childcare and then went to look for his mom.  That's the second mom from her class that I found that works out there. 

3.  We have a busy weekend ahead.  Lola was invited to three birthday parties on Saturday.  I decided to only go to the first one that we were invited to and also do soccer and yoga for Grace.  Grace met a girl from a nearby town on the cruise and she will join Grace at yoga and then for ice cream afterward.  Grace is so excited!  I'm hoping they have a good time and will keep in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the discussion!