Trying to be a "streamin" mama instead of a screaming mama!







Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Om

1.  I took a yoga class today!  It was really hard, but really exciting.  At the end the teacher read a poem about a butterfly from "Going In and In."  It was so amazing it made me cry.  She started the class by telling how her kids watched a Sponge Bob episode this morning that talked about making the day the best ever.  She asked what would make this the best day ever for us.  I thought if my mom were alive it would be the best day.  We went through the class and then her poem struck me as so profound because my mom had told me only months before she died that the butterfly (and heart) was going to be the sign she sends me when she's gone.  The poem struck me to my core because it brought my mom to me today.  I'm going to order the book and try to read the poem at her memorial service.  I actually don't think I'll be able to do it, but may try.

2.  Grace met a girl on the cruise from a nearby town.  They exchanged info and we finally sent her an email asking if she'd like to join Grace for her yoga class and ice cream on Saturday.  Grace is so thrilled that she's going to join her!  She had been asking everyday to contact her friend-and the friend has been asking everyday to contact Grace!

3.  I just watched an episode of Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution.  Amen.  I'm doing really well with my challenge to myself of better eating.  My problem is getting the kids on board.  I'll keep plugging away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the discussion!