Trying to be a "streamin" mama instead of a screaming mama!







Search This Blog

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Super Saturday

1.  What a busy day!  It started with soccer for Lola.  Rich met our arborist while I took her to the field.  I retuned to some unpleasant news of our trees.  Then we quickly got ready and headed out to the zoo for a birthday party.  It was a cute party and we all had a good time.  Then we got home and cleaned like crazy in anticipation of guests coming this evening.  Nothing like having people over to light a candle under you!  I then took Grace to yoga where she met her friend that she met on the cruise.  They had a nice yoga class and I got to grocery shop.  Then we all went for ice cream.  Then we came back and cleaned some more and got the table set up for dinner.  Our dear friends came for what was supposed to be dinner and Scrabble, but ended up being a nice dinner and chatting and then we were all too tired for the game.  At some point I'll get to use my new Scrabble game I got for Christmas!

2.  I was a bit starstruck today as we spoke with Grace's new friend and her mom at the ice cream parlor.  We were talking about vacations and I said that we asked Grace where she wanted to go for Christmas last year and she had said "Paris" because she loves the movie, "Ratatouille."  The mom told the daughter to tell us her grandfather's little secret about that.  Turns out the grandfather had been the voice for Django!  I couldn't think of who that was, but as we talked more I realized her dad and the girl's grandfather is Brian Dennehy!  Rich and I are fans of his and really admire and respect his work.  Rich saw him back in '89 in Chicago where he was performing in "The Iceman Cometh."  Then he and I saw him on Broadway in '99 in "Death of a Salesman."  We've seen him several times at EPCOT doing the candlelight processional, including this past Christmas '09!  He's terrific in all his varied roles.

3.  Tomorrow we'll be in Allentown for breakfast with the family.  We're leaving very early and I need some sleep!  I'm going to bed with a belly full of "Half Baked."  I'm so good during the week and weekends I really let go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the discussion!