Trying to be a "streamin" mama instead of a screaming mama!







Search This Blog

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thanks!

1.  Wow!  Thanks for the encouragement and for reading!  There are a few things I am passionate about and I keep thinking of writing about them.  I promised my daughter I wouldn't tell people about this, but she has AD/HD and our lives are a daily struggle.  I'm definitely passionate about finding a way to live more peacefully.  I don't feel I betray her trust by talking about it here.  She was referring to school and doesn't want anyone there to know.  I'm also interested in adoption advocacy as my two girls were adopted from Vietnam.  I'm interested in fitness and healthful eating.  I'm thrilled about saving money by using coupons, shopping off-price stores and consignment or thrift stores.  I used to sell on eBay and am thinking about doing that again once both kids are in school for longer days-which will be the fall!  I'm also interested in spirituality and what is beyond this life.  Oh, so many things to think about!  I do find that it's helpful to write about my day, but find that I'm not truly authentic in what I write.  If I kept anonymous I could write about nitty gritty stuff.

2.  I went to a killer weights class today and then took a shower!  It's a huge accomplishment to shower and blow out and flat iron my hair.  Then I went to Grace's conference and then we picked up Lola.  We headed over to Stew Leonard's for groceries, animal viewing and ice cream!  I find I don't buy much there as the prices don't really seem that great and because they don't offer organic produce.  I'm really trying to buy organic where possible and to avoid the "dirty dozen."  Google it if you don't know what I'm talking about.  I did buy their cheese ravioli, which Rich and I ate.  It was good-especially since I upped the nutrient factor by adding spinach to the sauce.  Neither kid would eat it.  I'm really tired of them not eating a regular dinner.  Grace was up before 4 this morning telling me she was hungry.  She's been up since then.  It's after 10 and she's still awake.  I truly don't know how her little body does it.

3.  Rich and I played my new Scrabble game tonight.  He got me the fancy deluxe version for Christmas and we haven't even opened the box til now.  It was fun and made me feel I was stretching my mind.  Of course, I won.  I didn't mention that during the game we kept hearing sounds from above.  I went to check it out after the game and yelled some obscenities when I found blue dots spattered over pink bathroom walls and floor.  There were markers everywhere and huge ink stains on the comforter.  I have vowed not to buy her new bedding until she is responsible enough to take care of her things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the discussion!