Trying to be a "streamin" mama instead of a screaming mama!







Search This Blog

Thursday, May 6, 2010

In the Weeds

1.  I've decided to take on a few jobs that I normally pay to have done.  Recently I cancelled our trash pick up and have been taking our trash to the dump.  It's amazing how much less trash we have now!  I make sure that everything that can be recycled here goes to the recycling bins, which are free, instead of into the trash.  Next, I weeded the front of our driveway today.  I don't know if I'll be able to keep this up as there is just too much to weed, but did get a feeling of accomplishment from it.  I also felt more of a pride of home ownership than I've felt in a while.  It was fun working outside, but I know this will get tougher as it gets hotter outside.  I've been thinking about getting a mower and doing the lawn myself, but I don't think this is realistic.  I heard my neighbor saying he hit a rock and bent his blade.  There would be a lot of maintenance on a mower that I wouldn't be able to perform.  I used to take my little lawnmower to Sears service, but that wouldn't be as convenient around these parts.

2.  I went to pilates again today.  I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of pilates and yoga.  They are definitely wonderful for core strengthening and making me feel powerful.  I used to get on the cardio machines or weight machines and am now switching gears for a while.  Between the weeding, pilates and pushing Lola on the swing today, I'm pooped!

3.  Oh yeah, and eating Mexican food with a friend tonight.  We had dinner at Ole Mole, which I always enjoy.  I had half a veggie burrito and will have the rest for lunch tomorrow.  Looking forward to my mom's group meeting and just the fact that it's Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the discussion!