Trying to be a "streamin" mama instead of a screaming mama!







Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Boo Hoo

1.  OK, I did get a little emotional watching AI tonight.  It was Simon's farewell show and it just won't be the same without him.  Paula was embarrassing.  I liked some of the collaborations.  I was rooting for Crystal at the end, but do like Lee.  Don't know if I'll let myself get sucked into another season.

2.  Tonight was a bit depressing on several levels.  I went to Grace's new school orientation.  And, as was the case last week at her school concert, I barely knew anyone.  I've found it difficult to meet other parents as she doesn't do play dates and there aren't many other opportunities to meet other families.  I did sit with a friend, but she was talking with someone else.  Later she sent me a sweet email, which boosted my spirits.  Next year I plan to be more active in the PTO and also the Newcomer's Club.  I happen to be feeling particularly isolated right now and don't like it.

3.  Today I was able to get the electrician over.  He wasn't able to fix our problem.  I was able to get the landscapers to come to get a major project done.  Turns out there are multiple problems that need to be addressed.  He and the arborist are working together to get our property back under control.  I do hope I'm feeling more optimistic tomorrow.  We all got an amazing night of sleep last night, but now Grace is still up at almost 11.  Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the discussion!