Trying to be a "streamin" mama instead of a screaming mama!







Search This Blog

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Missing my Mom

1.  Here it is the first mother's day after my mom passed.  I had a good day with my family, but feel like something is missing.  I wonder if this feeling ever goes away?

2.  We went to Allentown today.  We left at 7 am and got there by 9:30 to have breakfast with all the family.  We stayed til 1:30 and then headed over to a friend's house to see them and their new place.  We then went over to the grandparents' for a little while and then headed home.  We stopped and looked at a few places for dinner at 4.  They were all packed!  We drove a little farther and got into a diner that was also pretty crowded.  By the time we left there was a wait.  Who else went out for Mother's Day?

3.  The kids played with my sister-in-law's dog today.  They were both asking for a dog all afternoon and evening.  Grace went to bed with a book about a girl with a dog and took pen and paper with her, too.  She said she was going to come up with good reasons to get one.  I can think of one big reason not to get one...because I would be the one to end up taking care of it!  We didn't say "no," but did say, "not now."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the discussion!