Trying to be a "streamin" mama instead of a screaming mama!







Search This Blog

Monday, May 3, 2010

One of those Days

1.  We had a doozy of a night last night.  Grace was up the entire night.  Rich was sneezing and finally got up with her.  I was up and down with her all night.  Lola slept like a rock.  I had to get up and do the mad cleaning dash before the cleaning ladies came this morning.  Rich didn't get up til very late and Grace was up when I walked downstairs with Lola.  I got them ready and took Grace to school first.  I then ran Lola over to her gymnastics class to find that the power was out in that part of Westport.  So, no class and no time for me to dash to the grocery store.  We dashed home so I could continue the mad dash cleaning of the kitchen and family room.  Did I mention Grace's room was worse than normal because she was playing all night long?!

2.  Later I decided it was long overdue to clean the oven.  I pulled the racks out and got a sliver of metal in my finger.  I worked for a long time to try to get it out.  I think I got most of it.  At least it doesn't hurt anymore.  I took Lola to swim class, but couldn't find Grace's wetsuit.  Fortunately, she didn't have a fit.  She miraculously made it through the day and through swim class and didn't get to bed til after 9.  I don't know how her little body can just go and go.  When we got back from swim class and the pharmacy I turned on the oven to clean it.  Phew!  I about smoked us out of here!  We had to have windows open and the stove fan on to draw out some smoke.  Rich and I both were complaining of burning eyes.  I had to run back to the pharmacy to get another RX that was called in late.  I barely have any gas left and have a few things to do in the morning before I get to a gas station.  Let's hope I make it!

3.  I speed watched two American Idols tonight.  I do love when they get down to the end and you get some really good performances.  We keep saying we're going to turn the tv off at night and play a game or read books.  Hasn't happened yet!  When I'm done putting kids to bed I like to plop down on the couch and veg!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the discussion!